Thursday, December 26, 2013

Post Christmas Post

Well, Christmas is here and gone and I must say I'm glad (as bad as that sounds!). While we did spend last weekend in Erie to celebrate Christmas with my family, it's just not the same without your own family. Christmas Day we spent visiting Steve's mom and then dad and his brother, nephew and niece. Steve and I agreed not to exchange gifts this year since we are in the process of buying/selling homes and we buy most of the things we need throughout the year so buying gifts would just be buying things to buy something. I just can't wait until next year with the baby in our new home where we can start our own traditions. I plan on inviting everyone over for Christmas Eve so we don't have to travel to three different places and everyone can be together.

Even though we didn't exchange, I still finished out the twelve days of Christmas! Last week I left off at day 5 so here's the rest...

DAY 6: Six slices of ice cream cake... Originally I had planned on six ice cream cupcakes. However, when I got to Dairy Queen on the day to get them...they only come in packs of four. In a panic, I decided to go with the log cake and cut it into six pieces.

DAY 7: seven scratch off lottery tickets. No winners :(

DAY 8: Eight paws. Two framed photos of the dogs.

DAY 9: Movie night bucket! Popcorn, five boxes of candy, two drinks, and a DVD (Home Alone 1-3) 

DAY 10: $10 gift card to chick-fil-a, which we used today!

DAY 11: Daddy's diaper changing toolbox :) with 11 items

DAY 12: 2014 Calendar. 

Can't wait to keep the tradition goon next year! I better start planning now!

Today we had to take off work to take Reece to the vet. On Tuesday night, Christmas Eve, he was acting off. Laying around, not eating much and just not interested in anything. He was laying on our bed sleeping when Steve went in to check on him. He was petting him and moved his collar back and saw his skin was red and irritated. He took his collar off and it was pretty bad. We washed it, which actually only made it worse, and I took his temp. He had a fever of 104, poor baby. It was pretty bad yesterday and we almost caved and took him to the ER vet. I'm glad we didn't though because I'm sure it would have been at least double of what we paid today. We took him in this morning though and they got him taken care of. We had to leave him for a few hours so they could sedate him, cut his fur down, wash and treat it. They sent us home with a surgical scrub, ointment and two antibiotics...needless to say he won't be wearing a collar anymore unless we are taking him out of the house! Poor buddy :(

No comments:

Post a Comment