Monday, December 23, 2013

The Joys of House Hunting

I am officially done with school until the baby comes! Such a relief! I could have fit in one more term and gone until March, but with so much going on with selling the house and stuff, I thought this was a good spot for a break. I ended strong with two A's in my last two classes :)

Speaking of selling the house, let me just mention how exhausting house searching is. Sure, it's fun to look at houses, but when you look a them and try picturing your family in them, you find nothing is ever what you want. We went to look at one yesterday that was beautiful! We absolutely loved it from the moment we saw the listing online. When we got there, we checked out the outside and still loved it. Here's really nothing wrong with it but I just don't see us in it. The living room is a little small,which I don't think I can compromise with. Our living room now is pretty big and I really don't want to downsize. The dogs play in there and I'm sure that's where we will spend the majority of our time with the baby. We were also hoping for a decent living area in the basement which it didn't have, but it did have a 2 car garage, where we currently only have one. On top of that, it needs new kitchen appliances, fresh paint and all the carpeting needs to be removed. It does look like it had hardwood floors under the carpet, which have probably never been walked on...but if not then we need to add in the expense of new flooring. Since the house is at the top of our price range, I'm just not sure it's going to work out, but anything can happen!

Other than school and house hunting, things have been pretty quiet. We spent the last weekend I'm Erie to celebrate Christmas with my parents. I'm actually writing this post from my new iPad mini my mom got me for Christmas! :) Steve and I both got one so no more fighting over the computer!!

Finishing up the last two days of Christmas today and tomorrow then I will post an entry with the last6 gifts! I love the twelve days of Christmas...can't wait to keep the tradition going next year with the little one!!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment