Monday, December 2, 2013

The Beginning

Well, for quite a while now I've been wanting to start a blog, I just didn't know what I would write about or who would read it. Now that I'm expecting my first child, a daughter to be exact, I thought it would be a good time. This will be my place to come to write about pregnancy, birth, milestones, holidays, birthdays, etc. Somewhere to share the joys and of course, the frustrations of being a new parent. I want it to be something I can look back on 1, 2, even 5 years from now to see how our lives have changed.

So this is the beginning. 

I would also like to have a place to share recipes, meal ideas, pinterest activities, children's activities, holiday ideas, decor, etc. I always find myself struggling to answer the question "what's for dinner" so I will try to keep lists and recipes on hand as well as reviews from the family on if I should repeat them.

Today marks 21 weeks along in my pregnancy. So far, so good. I can't say I have any major complaints. I have not been physically sick, although in the beginning I was very nauseous and had MAJOR food aversions. I often compared it to having a bad hangover. The kind where you know you would feel better if you threw up, but you're too scared to do so and the thought of any kind of food makes you want to die. I'm sure we've all been there a time of two (or three, or four, or fifty, or three hundred…who's counting?!) Otherwise, everything has been fine, I have felt completely normal for the most part, and I walk out of every doctor's appointment with a good report.

We do have a name picked out for our baby girl, however, it will remain a secret to the rest of the world until the day she decides to grace us with her presence (4/14/14?!

I will warn any potential readers in advance, I am a picture junkie!! If that's not your thing, this isn't the blog for you!! Pregnancy weeks will be accompanied with a bump picture, pictures will be sure to follow new recipes and for now, a lot of pictures of my dogs. Until April that is, when I will bombard the world with pictures of my daughter. #sorrynotsorry!! 

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this!




No comments:

Post a Comment