Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chicken and Milk and…Lemons?

Searching around Pinterest this morning looking for new recipes for dinner this week I came across Chicken in Milk. If it wasn't for the pictures and the review, I never would have given it a second glance. While I can't agree its the "best chicken I've ever had" as the review I read stated, I will say it was pretty good. Very moist, but not really the flavor I was looking for. Steve, however, couldn't get enough of it. Before I even made it to the dining room to sit down, he said "this chicken is ridiculous!" 

So, the recipe!!

Chicken in Milk

  • 3-4 lb Chicken
  • Sea Salt
  • Fresh Ground Black Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
  • 1 Handful Fresh Sage, Leaves Picked
  • Zest of Two Lemons
  • 10 Cloves Garlic, Skin Left On
  • 2 2/3 Cup Milk
  1. Preheat oven to 375*
  2. Place chicken in baking dish, add olive oil to dish
  3. Fry chicken in oil on all sides, on stove top until golden
  4. Place chicken on plate, discard oil
  5. Add remaining ingredients in dish with chicken, cover, cook for 1 hour, basting periodically


  6. After one hour, remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.

I served my chicken with mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, stuffing and fresh italian bread. Since I wasn't sure what the flavor would really be, stuffing sounded good, but I wouldn't serve it again.

Like I said, I wasn't a huge fan of this, but I'm hoping I just wasn't in a chicken mood. Since being pregnant, chicken hasn't exactly been my favorite.

Speaking of being pregnant, its finally starting to hit me. The past couple days everything I do seems to be a chore. I find myself winded after simple things like getting dressed or going down and back up the basement steps. I've also had some pretty intense lower back pain, sometimes terrible, sometimes not as bad. Heat doesn't seem to help so I may look into some kind of massager that I can use on the couch. Heres to hoping it gets better before it gets worse!



No comments:

Post a Comment