Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sweet Potato Turkey Bacon Burgers! (RECIPE)

A few weeks ago I posted on my Facebook page about the awesome sweet potato, turkey bacon burgers I made and a lot of you were interested so heres a full post with recipe!!

These burgers were so awesome I ate them with a alive of provolone cheese and fresh romaine with no extra sauce needed!! I served them with a side of sweet potato fries. I was worried it would be TOO MUCH sweet potato, but it was perfect!!

Ingredients:
1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
6 Slices of Turkey Bacon
1 Cup Cubed/Mashed Sweet Potato

Line a microwave safe plate with paper towels, lay bacon on paper towels and cover with another paper towel. This will absorb any grease from the bacon, even though theres not much with turkey bacon! Clean your sweet potatoes, wet them and put them in plastic bags. My sweet potatoes were HUGE so I had to use two bags...

Since my sweet potatoes were so big, it took them about 9 minutes to fully cook in the microwave. The bacon only takes about 3-3.5 minutes so cook them accordingly. I cook the sweet potatoes first and then while I'm cubing/mashing, I get the bacon going.

When you have everything cooked, cubed, mashed and crumbled, mix it all together! Last time I made these I had an even amount of cubes and mashed potatoes, this time I completely mashed them. I don't recommend this. Once I started cooking them, they were falling apart pretty good!!

Since its February, I used a frying pan to cook my burgers but they could be grilled or put on a George Foreman, however you would normally cook a burger! :)

Finished product!!


Trying these soon? Make sure you come back after you've tried them and leave a review in the comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment